Loaded Sweet Potato with Avocado Sauce
Time: 30 minutes (10 minutes hands-on)
2 small sweet potatoes, washed and patted dry
2 leaves red cabbage, finely shredded
1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tbs black beans (tinned), drained and rinsed
2 shallots, finely sliced
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
1 tbs reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
Juice of half a lemon
Parsley, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a sharp knife all over, then microwave for 8 minutes. Gently remove the sweet potatoes from the microwave and place on the baking tray. Cut the potato down the middle (but not completely in half) to allow room for stuffing.
3. Fill the sweet potato with cabbage, tomato, beans and shallots and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce by blitzing avocado, yoghurt and lemon juice.
5. To serve, drizzle the sauce over the stuffed sweet potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.